Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2011

A day of eating, watching football and generally being a veggie in my chair.  As I watch some of the games I really wonder why I ever became a football coach; putting your life in the hands of young men ages 14-18 is always dangerous.  Especially when the public has the expectations that these players will perform at a level of the Chicago Bear; how many high school coaches get fired for not winning when they simply don't have the talent to compete with their schedule.  But anyway was fun.

I have posted a picture of the beginnings of a Santa-plan to have the santa either holding a walking stick or a fishing rod.  I still work with pine because it is more available but plan to look forward to using some basswood.  Right now I have a cardinal, a couple of shore birds and a shoveler duck in the works-I will get some pictures posted of them too.  Look forward to getting the rest of the Santa pics posted by the first of the week.


Glad you stopped by, read the blog and hope that your new year is filled with good health, safe and fun.  Don't forget to keep your lines tight!

2 comments:

  1. OK...explain to this non-woodworker what "Keeping your lines tight" means!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I some times get my hobbies mixed up- "Keeping your lines tight" has nothing to do with wood working but is related to fly fishing. When fishing with a fly line, if you want to catch fish one must keep the fly line straight (or tight) to be successful. It is another way to say good luck.

    ReplyDelete