Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It' Snow

People are funny-as adults we are just as excited about the upcoming snow fall as any school age person.  Mom even said that she might wake up at 3:00 a.m. just to watch it snow, like she has never seen a snow fall before.  Been a long time since I have gotten knocked down by a cold but this one put me down hard, but guess the big news is that after 4 years of whining, going to get a new hip early in February.  The doctors way 4-6 weeks with good rehab and will be back wading the New England trout streams with no issues; for someone who has never spent a night in the hospital or had anyone cut on me, will definitely be an experience.
The  whole visit was cool because one of the doctors addressed my as papa Richter-had most of his daughters in Camp Merrowvista woodworking classes; so I hope will make it easier as I feel being done by part of the summer family.  In preparation going to take some H2O classes, supposed to improve some strength, cardio work and flexibility without much hammering of joints-starts at 7:15 a.m. twice a week; so just how dedicated do I want to be?
Remembered that I have a loon and a couple of blue heron bodies to work on; they are in the shed so will probably have to wade the snow to get to them but I need to get them roughed out.  Will be exciting with the snow, so pictures to follow.  Stay healthy and remember to measure twice and cut once.
Peace

2 comments:

  1. One of the teachers at the school where I work said that teachers get more excited about snow days than they did as kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back on you're feet. Looking forward to the pics. Stay warm!

    LY
    L

    ReplyDelete