Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

The End of the Year

I wish that I had the wit and quick come backs of the daughters but guess they take after their mother.

Took the wife to the grocery store this afternoon, dropped her off and I usually go park some place and wait but today-wow! Actually saw two cars touch bumpers over an open parking place (so much for good will to men); intersections in the lot was blocked by cars trying to beat others into potential parking spots.  Pat got yelled at by a man in the store as they almost ran their carts into each other as they turned into the same aisle.  At this time of resolutions I always make the one about losing weight but I think the big one has to be patience and tolerance with everyone.  I have retired, going to have another birthday real soon, and quite frankly don't need the stress of getting upset because you cut me off, or don't signal to change lanes.  I taught driver education and always preached defensive driving and looking out for the other driver to keep them out of trouble too.  I hope that I can convince others that: less might be better, talking softly when you want people to listen and having discussions instead of arguing (no name calling!).  Even though that d back or pitcher gets paid a lot of money to intercept the pass or throw strikes, they didn't do it on purpose to irritate me!  I hope that administrators and leaders will too look to make decisions for the good of the "whole order";  I want us all to have  great year of health and know the difference between those things we can change and those that we can't change.
We are close to bringing in the new year, so Happy New Year!  May "your lines be tight" all year!

No comments:

Post a Comment