Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another Snow

And winter just keeps going!  Talked with a friend this week who talked of working in locust and hedge-two of the hardest woods that I know.  He sent me some pictures of a cabinet he made, really cool; I've posted a picture of his work.  Have not done much with any of my projects this week so have posted a canvasback that I did several years ago plus some of the leaves that I did last summer.

Going to be gone for a few days as having a hip replaced at Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine.  Decided to go there (3 hours away) because have a friend that does surgery on necks and backs;  told me that when I was ready, to contact him because the best joint replacement surgeon on the east coast worked in the clinic with him.  Surgery will be the Minimal Incision Surgery-4" cut on the front of the thigh at the joint with little cutting of muscles and tendons, so recovery is quicker.   The hospital has a floor dedicated to joint replacement so nurses and all are specifically trained.  Supposed to get up in the afternoon and start using the walker; guess when I get home mom and I can have races in the hall!

Never been "under the knife" before, so staying positive plus Pat will keep me on course.  The plan is to have the surgery on Wednesday morning and if I can do the PT stuff, could go home Thursday afternoon-if not, then home on Friday.  Should have some great stories when all done.  Will be nice to get rid of my "stick" and only using it for hiking.

So while I am gone, remember to measure twice and cut once.
Peace



1 comment:

  1. Nelson, you better get Pat to video those races with your Mom! :)

    It's amazing what they can do in surgery in the space of a 4" incision! Papa Richter will be tearing around so quick it will make your head spin!

    Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete