Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring and the Supermoon

So will all the crazies be out tonight or will I just be by myself?  The moon is going to be cool, as this only happens every 20 years or so; just think what the Native Americans thought when this happened?  When we vacationed in the great Southwest years ago, and visited many of the old Native American villages around the Grand Canyon and I heard historians speak about the volcanic activity that took place in the area.  Can you imagine not understanding what was going on and how afraid those people must have been or just how much faith they must have had?  I just finished reading Pat Williams' book "Coach Wooden"; recommend that it be required reading for all wether you are into sports or coaching.  When we talk about faith and making every day special, this book will fire you up for the rest of your life!

John Wooden had a huge impact on my teaching/coaching career-here is a bit of wisdom from his career: "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished but  by what you should have accomplished with your ability."

So now let's talk some carving projects;  as we have down sized I have stored boxes of shore birds and miniature decoys since we have no place to display them.  I have posted some pictures, if you are interested in buying any let me know; shore birds vary in price from $30 to  $60; miniature decoys are $30.  I also have posted a couple of pictures of some birds that I am entering in the Keene Art Walk show in June.


















Entries for the Keene Art Walk Show 





Currently have a 1/2 size loon on commission, a cardinal and a shoveler nearing completion.  Next up will be a 1/2 size blue heron.  Will keep you posted on the projects with pictures next post.  So much for being philosophical-don't forget to measure twice and cut once.  Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment